Modena is a municipality located on the south side of the Po Vally, in the Province of Modena in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. An ancient town, Modena is well known in culinary circles for its production of fine balsamic vinegar.
Louianna’s Balsamic Vinegar of Modena (PGI) with its refined bouquet, glossy color and intense aroma, possesses a wealth of delicious fragrance and flavor, able to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
Louianna Balsamic Vinegar of Modena I.G.P.
Louianna Certified Organic I.G.P. Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is produced using organic Trebbiano grape must which is indigenous to the Modena region of Italy…the world capital of fine balsamic vinegars.
Louianna’s Balsamic Vinegar can be found on the pantry shelves of Food Network Canada’s Top Chef Canada where Top Chefs demand the best quality.
- Refined bouquet, intense aroma
- Glossy dark amber colour
- Enticing acid flavour
- Able to satisfy even the most discerning palates
Suitable for grilled meat, fish, boiled or steamed vegetables, salads, parmesan cheese, to enhance soups and stews, used as a marinade, drizzled on vanilla ice cream, to dress strawberries and more.
The I.G.P certification is a distinction of excellence, only awarded to foods produced, processed and prepared using traditional methods from the defined geographical area in Italy in which the product originates. The specific region must be indicated on the label.
- Certified Organic: Canada Organic and USDA
- Other Certifications: I.G.P.
- No sulfites added
- No caramel added
- Aged in oak casks for a minimum of 4 years
- 4 year shelf life (store in original container, away from direct sunlight and at ambient temperature)
- The grapes used in the production of balsamic vinegar contain antioxidants that strengthen the immune system and help prevent cell damage
- Balsamic vinegar contains an abundance of polyphenols that inhibit LDL oxidation
- The vinegar aids digestion of proteins and helps raise the body’s metabolic rate
Because of its superior quality, Louianna’s Balsamic Vinegar of Modena can be used in the preparation of numerous recipes, from the most refined and elaborate, to the more simple and homey. It combines splendidly and at times surprisingly, with various courses, exalting the hidden flavors and aromas of the specialty with which it is used.